Thursday, December 4, 2008

Oh yeah and another thing

Why the HELL do I ALWAYS get stuck with the person sitting next to me that refuses to get up when we are pulling into the station. Now maybe you have a bad sense of balance or whatever, OK understandable, but you don't even get ready to get up until the train has STOPPED.

For example the girl next to me last night, was reading a script or whatever and she had 3 large bags with her, on her, next to her. The announcement is made that we are pulling into the final station and that you should gather up your belongings etc etc
Well she ignores the announcement and continues to read, OK, no biggie.

We pull into the station, we are slowing to a stop, she starts to put away her papers and such, THEN she whips out the cell phone and starts to text message back and forth. Still sitting there, mostly everyone else has already walked to the end of the train car or are in various stages of getting coats on and grabbing bags. I squeeze myself into my jacket, because I can't stand up and I can't reach out my arms to actually put it on like a human being. I start to stand up (I have to lean on the seat in front of me because I have to duck below the luggage racks overhead)

At this point the train has stopped, the doors have opened, time to get off! She looks up at me and says "oh sorry" and starts fumbling with her bags. She then stands in the aisle (still blocking my exit from the seat) and tells me to go ahead. First of all you haven't moved far enough for me to squeeze by and secondly, you are now blocking a line of passengers that want to get off the train as well I tell her "Let them go by first". She moves into the seat behind me, and lets the other people go by.

I start my move out of the seat and now she COMES BACK and is trying to get all of her shit together. I was mere seconds away from exploding. Needless to say we were the LAST people off the train (with the exception of those who work on the LIRR)


ACK!

No comments: