Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Trains & Subways.....WTF?

I have two mini-rants for today, one for the NYC subways (well mainly the metrocards) and one for the good old LIRR.

I purchase Metrocards in $20 (I get them when I purchase my train ticket), as an added bonus you get $1 free....sounds nice...but its frigging stupid. A trip on the subways costs $2 that's right TWO DOLLARS, so why the hell give me $1 free? Now I have to just add another $1 to the damn card to be able to use it. It wouldn't be THAT big of a deal if I reused my cards all the time (which I KNOW I should), but I get a new one every time I buy my train ticket...so now I have a wallet of $1 metrocards...how STUPID!

Now the LIRR really hasn't given me much to bitch about (at least THIS semester) but the other night, I was on the train (which was 10 cars mind you) and the rear 2 cars were closed, so no riders could use them. The other 8 cars were packed to the brim, people were actually standing. (I luckily got a seat, but there were many others that stood for almost the entire train ride due to lack of seats.) Now why don't they just open ONE more car? Let people who paid for their tickets actually get a place to sit....who decides how many cars are allowed to be used? This morning I saw the same thing...now the first 2 cars weren't being used, yet people were piling in...its ridiculous!

No comments: